Change is never easy and can seem a bit intimidating at times, but don’t worry, because we are in this together. We have covered all your answers about how the New Facebook Page Experience works with its pros and cons and are here to help and guide you along the new Facebook journey.
But have you considered whether TikTok is a viable platform for your business? Let Banter take a few minutes to TikTalk about the pros and cons for your business. Lets review the statistics of this growing platform; safety and privacy concerns; and advertising options.
TikTok started in 2016, and took off during lockdown in 2020. Many people view TikTok as a young and fun video sharing platform and not a place to grow a business. However, there are many things to consider and after reading this, you may just be convinced.
There are over 2 billion downloads worldwide and 1 billion monthly active users on TikTok. Marked as one of the biggest social media platforms in the world, it is very popular among the Gen-Z users. But this shouldn’t stop you even if your audience is not the Gen-Z users. Remember, people grow up and these Gen –Z will soon be your ideal audience.
According to TikTok “TikTok For Business is where you can unleash your brand’s creativity. No matter how big or small your business is, no matter what you’re making or selling, we believe your brand deserves to be discovered here.”
- The best performing brands post an average of 3.52 times per week.
- A 1% increase in follower’s links to a 0.65% increase in average views per post.
- 80% of the top videos have upbeat popular music that is trending.
- Gaming, food and technology brands have the highest average views per video.
- Most of the videos feature a celebrity or an
- Videos that promote a brand event, featuring animals, animations, graphic overlays can generate high views.
- Most videos have at least one hashtag.
Cons for a TikTok Business Profile:
- You are only allowed to make 15 seconds, 1 minute and 3 minute videos.
- 150-character video description limit.
- TikTok Ads Manager (paid advertisement) is not available in South Africa yet. Click here to view where it is available around the world.
- If you have a Facebook Page or Twitter account, you cannot link your pages to your TikTok account.
Pros for a TikTok Business Profile:
- Although TikTok Ads Manager is not available in South Africa this does not stop businesses from creating a TikTok business profile for free. You can still continue to post engaging organic content on your app profile to engage users and reach new customers but you won’t be able to use that content for paid advertisement until TikTok Ads Manager launches in South Africa.
- Link your Instagram account, YouTube account, website URL and email address.
- Add a bio and business category.
- Share your TikTok video, the person who you are sharing the video to doesn’t need to have TikTok to view the video:
- WhatsApp Status
- TikTok users
- Facebook Messenger
- Instagram feed
- WhatsApp Status
- Instagram story
- Facebook feed
- Copy the TikTok video link and share where you want to
- TikTok Help Center is very responsive via email.
- You can reach people faster.
- You can get creative while marketing your brand by making eye catching videos to engage with users.
- Ads Spend is budget friendly (this will only apply when Ads Manger is available in South Africa).
Unfortunately, every social media app comes with security concerns. Although TikTok came under fire a few months ago for security reasons “TikTok doesn’t pose any more risk to a user than any other social media sharing application. That isn’t to say that there isn’t risk, but it’s not really different from Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.”
While you have let us TikTalk our way into possibly convincing you to join TikTok. You can see there are many more pros than cons and many benefits of a TikTok Business Profile. It’s not just about the next dance challenge that’s trending on TikTok.
If your business is able to market with videos, we highly suggest you open a TikTok account today.
Contact us today and let us help you kick off your TikTok business profile.
TikTok, the digital age is here.